Mathematical Engineering Program
This is a graduate program under the Department of Mathematical Engineering, providing training at master and doctorate level.
Master of Science with Thesis
This program is composed of minimum eight courses of at least twenty-four total credit hours, courses without credits, a seminar course and a thesis work.
For the students who were admitted with a M.Sc. degree with thesis, the Ph.D. program is composed of minimum seven courses of at least twenty-one total credit hours, seminar, qualifyment exam, thesis proposal and thesis work.
For the students who were admitted with an undergraduate degree, the Ph.D. program is composed of minimum fourteen courses of at least forty-two total credit hours, seminar, qualifyment exam, thesis proposal and thesis work.
- Algebra: Commutative and Non-Commutative Algebra, Lie Algebras, Symmetric Groups, Finite Groups, Representation Theory, Category Theory, Homological Algebra
- Analysis: Theory of Operators, Spectral Theory, Geometric Function Theory and Applications
- Geometry: Riemannian Geometry, Weyl Spaces, Space and Semi-Symmetric Forms, Submanifold Theory, Kaehler Manifolds, Locally Conformal Manifolds, Discrete Geometry, Computational Geometry and Topology, Geometric Measure Theory, Fractal Geometry
- Differential Equations: Nonlinear Differential Equations, Approximate Solutions of Differential Equations and Numerical Analysis, Asymptotic Methods, Symmetries of Differential Equations, Classification Problems, Nonlinear Nonlocal Partial Differential Equations, Nonlinear Dynamical Systems, Integral Equations
- Continuum Mechanics: Theory of Elasticity, Nonlinear Wave Propagation, Biomechanics, Acoustic Problems, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Multiphysics Problems, Interface Dynamics.
- Topology: Topology of Manifolds, Symplectic Topology, Algebraic Topology, Knot Theory, Low-Dimensional Topology
- Probability and Statistics: Nonparametric Statistics, Multivariable Statistics, Bayesian Statistics, Computational Statistics, Biostatistics
- Mathematical Finance: Mathematical Finance and Economics, Mathematical Modeling, Numerical Optimization, Stochastic Differential Equations, Game Theory
- Mathematical Physic: General Relativity, Theories of Gravitation, Gauge Theories, Quantum Groups, String Theory, Supergravity, Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Field Theories
- Control Theory: Optimal Control, H-Infinity Control; Stability Problems in Fuzzy, Singular and Delay Systems
- Discrete Mathematics: Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Domination, Balanced Networks, NP-Complete Problems
- Image Processing Face Recognition, Image Retrieval, Image Compression, Image Enhancement
- Data Mining: Data Analysis, Statistical Data Science, Optimization, Machine Learning Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence
The M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs are run according to the regulations available at www.sis.itu.edu.tr with the titles “İSTANBUL TEKNİK ÜNİVERSİTESİ LİSANSÜSTÜ EĞİTİM VE ÖĞRETİM YÖNETMELİĞİ” and “İSTANBUL TEKNİK ÜNİVERSİTESİ LİSANSÜSTÜ EĞİTİM VE ÖĞRETİM YÖNETMELİĞİ SENATO ESASLARI”.